Here are eight important reasons why buyers and sellers of real estate should be using a REALTOR®'S services.
1. Qualifying the Buyer - REALTORS® qualify prospective buyers to determine in advance their financial ability to purchase and schedules appointments prior to showing a home to save sellers time and help them avoid worry about strangers coming through the house unescorted.
2. Advertising - REALTORS® have access to several forms of advertising including newspapers, homes, magazines, contact with out-of-town buyers and the Multiple Listing Service--a cooperative sales information system which has an average inventory of 4,000 active listings.
3. Housing Trends - REALTORS® have current market information substantiating comparable selling prices for specific types of homes, allowing sellers to establish realistic prices while obtaining fair market value for their property.
4. Sale Negotiations - REALTORS® are trained professionals who can answer the many questions posed by potential buyers and should work to alleviate any doubts buyers have about the process.
5. Financing - REALTORS® should continually gather information on the latest and best methods of obtaining mortgage money and be prepared to assist the buyer to assure a speedy sale.
6. Continuing Education - REALTORS® are constantly upgrading their professional abilities by keeping informed about market trends, the latest industry innovations, new legislation and civil rights. Members of the National Association of REALTORS® have the right to earn professional designations by completing additional education.
7. Personal Service - REALTORS® work cooperatively with the affiliate members of the AABOR to provide information on title and conveyance documents, termite inspections, home warranty programs, etc. REALTORS® also make suggestions to sellers on how to make a home more saleable.
8. Protection for Buyers & Sellers - REALTORS® subscribe to a strict Code of Ethics and accept the responsibility of promoting the interests of buyers and sellers by protecting them from fraud and misrepresentation.